Tuesday 23 November 2010

a few new pics



This is some of my work from the last trip to Manchester, Using photoshop I tried to create a repeat pattern using imagery from the elephant/ mammoth skeleton. I then used bleach, wax, ink with salt and chalk in the black and white images to try and capture the smooth structure and diverse texture of the bones. I really like the effect of ink and salt because there is a different result every time. I used it again in the blue image to depict the intense blue of the egyptian figures, then used oil pastel for a little more definition.

1 comment:

  1. Some really expressive drawing here. I'd like to see more of that! I like the way you have started to make patterns from your field visit primary research. It's great to see work derived from original source material.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.